Birch Cheese Board #2 7" x 16" x 1"
These handcrafted Birch wood boards are strong and durable enough to withstand a knife’s sharp edge, yet beautiful enough to use as a serving platter.
- - Makes a beautiful serving piece for cheeses, cured meats, appetizers and more.
- - Can also be used for everyday food prep.
- - Boards are made from sustainably harvested local trees.
- - Each board is crafted from a single piece of wood and has a natural edge.
- - Wood will vary.
- - Milled, dried and finished by hand.
- - Made in Aurora, OR, USA.
- Board should be seasoned with a food-grade mineral oil before first use.
- To season the board properly, warm the mineral oil slightly and apply it in the direction of the wood grain using a clean, dry cloth. Allow the oil to soak in and repeat with another application. Allow the board to dry and wipe off any excess oil.
- Hand-wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.