End-Grain Cutting Board Maple and Black Walnut #4 7" x 12" x 1 1/4"
Made from the richly grained Maple and Black Walnut, this cutting board makes a beautiful, enduring addition to the kitchen. End-grain construction makes it durable enough to withstand heavy daily use. Featuring a compact size for easy storage and quick, last-minute chopping.
- - Handcrafted of North American Maple, and Black Walnut hardwoods.
- - End-grain construction adds strength and is gentle on knife blades.
- - Reversible surfaces.
- - All boards are made from local and sustainably harvested wood.
- - Each board is unique and handmade in Aurora, OR.
- Board should be seasoned with a food-grade mineral oil before first use.
- To season the board properly, warm the mineral oil slightly and apply it in the direction of the wood grain using a clean, dry cloth. Allow the oil to soak in and repeat with another application. Allow the board to dry and wipe off any excess oil.
- Hand-wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.